International Economic Data
Below is a list of the most important economic data being released this week on an international scale. The data has been ranked by importance due to the likeliness of the information creating volatility in the international market place.
Information to look out for:
- Tuesday is the busiest day I’ve seen in a long time: German 4th Quarter GDP, EuroZone CPI, Draghi’s conference, Yellen talking and Chinese Manufacturing Inflation. Get ready for volatility!
- The UK’s GDP figure is released this Thursday;
- While the USA’s GDP figure for the 4th Quarter is the figure that’s going to either make or break your weekend.
Meanwhile, in South Africa…
- Tomorrow we see our GDP figure for the year, which is forecast to be as low as 1%, however I have a feeling that Eskom has driven it even lower…
- On Thursday the inflation figure will be released which is expected to decrease due to the lower oil price; and
- On Friday we end the week with our trade balance figure, expected to be worse than last year.
Local Share Data
Below is a list of the information being released on the JSE this week.
|Company||Date||Info Being Released|
|Adcock Ingram||Mon 23 Feb||Interim Results|
|AngloGold||Mon 23 Feb||Final Results|
|Nedbank||Mon 23 Feb||Final Results|
|Super Group||Mon 23 Feb||Interim Results|
|WBHO||Mon 23 Feb||Interim Results|
|Advanced Health||Tue 24 Feb||Interim Results (Estimate)|
|BHP Biliton||Tue 24 Feb||Interim Results (Estimate)|
|Discovery||Tue 24 Feb||Interim Results|
|Shoprite||Tue 24 Feb||Interim Results (Estimate)|
|Grindrod||Wed 25 Feb||Final Results|
|JD Group||Wed 25 Feb||AGM|
|British American Tobacco||Thu 26 Feb||Final Results (Estimate)|
|Capital & Counties||Thu 26 Feb||Final Results|
|Impala||Thu 26 Feb||Interim Results|
|Liberty||Thu 26 Feb||Final Results|
|Massmart||Thu 26 Feb||Final Results|
|Accentuate||Fri 26 Feb||AGM|
|Intu Properties||Fri 26 Feb||Final Results (Estimate)|
|Murray and Roberts||Fri 26 Feb||Interim Results (Estimate)|
|Old Mutual||Fri 26 Feb||Final Results|
|Woolworths||Fri 26 Feb||Dividend LDT|